Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Happy Marriages - Are they all real?

Ok. We want to know. Are you happy in your marriage?

Recently, we've had several experiences that have made us think. One of us had a good friend confess that she was considering a divorce. It was a huge shock because this friend and her husband appeared to have a great relationship.

Another one of us has a neighbor that has been separated from her husband for 6 months. It has been a mean, bitter, and nasty separation - according to the wife herself. And, yet, they were both a church for the first time in 6 months and they were flirting up a storm!

The three of us feel that we are very lucky in love. We each have wonderful husbands who are perfect for us. And, we want to believe that most people are just like us. We want to believe that most people have happy marriages - that it's not just a front.

So, we just want to know. Do you have a happy marriage? There are some 500 of you on Mormon Mommy Blogs! We'd love a comment of "yes" or "no." And, if you want to be anonymous, then you can send an email to playdatewisdom@gmail.com. We promise to keep all emails confidential. And, we'll let you know the results of our question.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

yes. But there are definitely some no moments!!

Brittney said...

Yes, but that doesn't mean all days are perfect. After a horrible miscarriage last fall, we had months were I didn't think it would work. But we wanted it to so we worked for it. And now things are better and stronger than ever.

80s Girls said...

Thank you Chantal & Mrs. Sartori for your comments!

We have one more to add that came via email. This individual said -

"No. I feel like I dated one person and married a completely different one. But, I will not get divorced! I don't feel that is the right answer to problems. I feel like I just need to do my best and I hope that one day I will have a happy marriage."

THE SPECTRUM SPECTACLE said...

It's ok to love them (your spouse) and even hate them at times, but when you feel "indifferent" comes the problems. I go back and forth, when things are crappy, I'm indifferent. When things are ok, I feel like I can hang on. You always have to work at happy marriages. A temple marriage isn't always a guarantee, like we dream about when we are young.

Lori said...

Yes! We've been married 4 1/2 years (and dated 4 yrs before). There are hard times, definitely! And it definitely takes work on both of our parts. But I'm so lucky to have such a great man and, overall, such a great marriage! So sorry, for those who don't have the same.

MissyGrrL said...

Yes! Its hard, but the rewards are so worth it. And seeing other people ruin their marriages for things that are of no worth, makes me sad, and more determined to make my marriage work. I wish everyone could have a happy marriage too!

Irish said...

Marriage is not a picnic !!! ... I only wish it was ... But it does take effort on both sides ... I have now been married 12 years and we have are up's and down's like most people .. But I am lucky that I married my best friend ... And we connected spiritually before anything else ... So in answer to your question Yes ther are Happy marriages out there ...

Hildie said...

Yes, but it's A LOT of work! And it really sucks sometimes. But I find that my marriage is as happy as the amount of work I put into it. In other words, if I'm just coasting along being sort of self-centered, then we seem to not get along so well. The more I try to make my husband happy (whether I think he deserves it or not) the happier we are.